We are retained by a leading Modular Building company who, due to continued success, is seeking to recruit a professional Assistant Estimator to join their team.
The ideal Candidate will analyse and cost enquiries and assist with the preparation of tenders and quotes for modular buildings, in accordance with client’s requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare initial tender/enquiry evaluation of new enquiries as required.
- Prepare final quotations and tenders, including specifications and drawings etc.
- Ensure enquiry is logged appropriately and all parties are advised as per current requirements.
- Issue of sub-contractor enquiries and liaison with contractors during tender/quotation process. Monitor progress and ensure subcontractor/ supplier costs are returned to correlate with tender deadlines.
- Discuss profit margins with the Team/Line Manager and the Director and highlight any commercial risk prior to tender completion.
- Pricing sheets; ensuring prices are reviewed in liaison with Team/Line Manager and updated as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of the supplier spreadsheet, updating costs as appropriate
- Liaison with the CAD team is essential throughout various stages of each project.
- Liaise with clients regarding specifications by telephone/email and letter as appropriate. Any variations to be discussed with the Team Manager prior to contacting client.
- Resolve queries to client satisfaction.
- Dissemination of tender details for factory production drawings/materials etc.
- Assisting in sourcing goods and placing purchase requisitions.
- Ensure the Company Linkpak complies with current building regulations.
- Attend production meetings.
- Liaise regularly with internal and external clients and architects by telephone and email regarding drawing specifications.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding technical cost queries for internal and external clients.
- Medium-long term development of tender preparation skills.
- Make proactive suggestions that help to improve cost base and competitiveness.
- Assist in the preparation of Project O & M Manuals along with any Health and Safety information required.
- Responsible for own Health and Safety at all times.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures as per current Employee Handbook.
- Effectively carry out any other duties as specified by Team/Line Manager.
- Maintain ‘clean as you go’ practices in the office including desks and work stations.
- Support ‘resource discipline’, ensuring lighting and heating in the offices are turned off when not in use, including PC close in accordance with required procedure.
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in Construction Management.
- Previous relevant experience, ideally gained within a manufacturing, construction or engineering environment.
- Understanding of CAD drawings.
- Basic knowledge of current Building Regulations.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- A broad knowledge of material and components used in the product.
- High level of negotiation and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure when required.
- Highly proficient in the Use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Creative flair
- The ability to meet competing deadlines in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety standards.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
- Ability to carry out further training and development.
- BSc in Construction Management or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience within a similar environment.
- Flexibility to work overtime if required
Reporting to Estimator
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE + PENSION+BENEFITS