- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector M&E Products / Pipes
- Benefits 28 Days Holiday, Pension Scheme, Monthly Bonus, Full Support And Continuous Training,8.00 – 17.30 Mon Fri
- Vacancy id 4652
- Salary Details Negotiable Dependent On Experience + Sales Incentive Scheme
Are you interested in enhancing your construction career with a well-known, reputable distribution business?
If so, this exciting Assistant Branch Manager position might be exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Recognised as an industry-leading distributor of construction products, our Client’s business is a one-stop solution for building/ construction companies, groundworkers, civil engineering companies and utility contractors.
With a network of strategically placed branches across the South of England offering a comprehensive range of supplies and fast delivery with their own fleet, our Client is able to meet their customer’s project needs, no matter the size or specific requirements.
They recruit people who have a genuine interest in their customers, take pride in their work and enjoy finding solutions to customer’s challenges.
They are now looking to appoint an Assistant Branch Manager due to internal promotion at their successful branch in West Sussex.
As Assistant Branch Manager, you will report directly to the Branch Manager and support the day-to-day running of the branch. You will identify and capitalise on every sales opportunity.
You will need to build trusted relationships to ensure that everything the company does enables them to deliver the service their customers have grown to expect.
- Effective management of the team and resources in the absence of the Branch Manager
- Assisting the Branch Manager to profitably meet and exceed the branch sales targets
- Assisting where required, in the branch purchasing and stock control
- Responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Sales Office
- Targeting key projects and organising the team to develop & support the contractors
- Motivating their employees to enable them to thrive in the workplace
- Maximising margin and net profit
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing trade and retail customers
- Supervising employees and providing additional training and coaching where required
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to enjoy working within a fast-paced sales environment where professionalism and high levels of customer service are key to success.
As you will be taking an active role as a member of the sales team, you will need to have a flair for sales and enjoy working to targets and meeting sales goals.
Other skills and experience required include:
- Knowledge and experience in the civil and drainage industry (advantageous)
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and professional manner
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of computer programs
This role offers the successful candidate excellent career progression opportunities along with continued training and professional development opportunities.