- Consultant Neil Cook
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Products
- Benefits Car, Phone, Laptop, Expense Cards, And 25 Days Holiday
- Vacancy id 3933
- Salary Details Excellent Basic + Bonus
Our dynamic client is one of the UK’s fastest growing distributors of construction products for a range of applications including fire protection, thermal and acoustic insulation, roofing, suspended ceilings, partitions and interior systems. They operate via a branch network strategically positioned to optimise efficiency and speed of delivery and pride themselves on having knowledgeable teams providing excellent customer service levels.
Reporting to and supporting the Branch Director to achieve agreed targets for sales volume, profitability, and overhead control, within the framework of national and local trading policies, whilst adhering to company policy and Health & Safety standards.
Key relationships externally with customers and suppliers and internally with the Branch Director, Regional Sales Director, external sales managers, branch employees and head office.
Customer Service & Performance
- Manage branch sales personnel and activities.
- Monitor performance and respond to priorities.
- Work with suppliers on product targets and incentives.
- Work to exceed customer service expectations.
- Utilise commercial support to develop staff and accounts.
- Work with and support national sales managers.
- Continuous improvement of branch operations.
- Lead by example, motivate and develop the team.
- Maximise sales, contribution and cost controls.
- Maintain sound commercial relationships with suppliers.
- Personal development for team members.
- Manage performance and standards.
- Manage branch processes and systems
- Monitor and utilise market activity trends.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
Knowledge of the building product sector in a merchant or distribution sales and/or operations capacity is essential for this role. Candidates must be customer focused with excellent communication and negotiation skills, driven by the achievement of results by working with and through people, attentive to detail, analytical, business and commercially focused.
Location/Area West London