Consultant Neil Cook
Type Full time
Product Sector Roofing Products
Benefits BONUS & CAR
Vacancy id 3907
Salary Details EXCELLENT BASIC
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor premium roofing products and due to their continued growth and success in the UK construction sector they are seeking an AREA SALES MANAGER to continue the development of an established territory.
The purpose of the role is to deliver sales and objectives in line with company strategy by building and maintaining relationships with roofing merchant’s, builder’s merchants, specialist distributors, house builders, developers and roofing contractors. Targeting opportunities and requirements and offering sales and technical support of key daily operational requirements.
The Person Required
The successful candidate will ideally have experience within the pitched roofing sector and relevant distribution channels. They will be a self-starter and proactive. The ability to establish and develop lasting relationships with key influencers and decision makers is important; therefore communication skills, organizational ability, professionalism and attention to detail are essential characteristics.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify business opportunities and generate new leads.
- Manage and grow existing accounts by showing your professionalism; work to position our Client as a preferred supplier through education of products/services and excellent customer service.
- Manage partnerships with end users, act as resource and attend client meetings as needed
- Conduct meetings with Architects and Specifiers as required
- Provide oversight for project delivery; ensure that work being done is consistent with specifications
- Identify business opportunities and specific usage areas where our Clients products could be used
- Contact and visit customers in order to identify and understand needs, provide technical support, and advise on product selection decisions
- Ensure that sales targets are met in line with the company KPI’s
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ideally you will have experience selling technical roofing products within the building industry.
- An existing network within the roofing community would be an advantage.
- Comfortable winning new customers as well as managing and growing an existing client base.
- Capability of working both individual and in a team
- A track record of meeting targets and objectives
- Good communication skills, representative of the company.
- Capable of adapting approach to the various decision influencers and makers (up to and incl. head-office level) and groups of customers.
- A flexible and enthusiastic team player that is also able to work on their own.
- Ability to think in creative solutions.
Location Area M62 Corridor would be an ideal candidate location (Area stretches from the counties of Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire in the south, to the Scottish borders in the north)