- Consultant Grant Neale
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Interiors
- Benefits CAR OR CAR ALLOWANCE + PENSION + HEALTHCARE + 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + MOBILE + LAPTOP
- Vacancy id 3934
- Salary Details STRONG BASIC SALARY + EXCELLENT UNCAPPED COMMISSION STRUCTURE
Are you a driven Commercial Interiors Specification Sales Professional with experience in promoting interior products Architects, Interior Designers and End Users specifically for the Commercial sector?
If so, we are working with a leading manufacturer of INNOVATIVE FLOORING SOLUTIONS who are seeking to recruit a talented Area Sales Manager to join their team with responsibility for promoting their products and solutions in LONDON & South East.
To promote our Client’s high quality, market leading range of Sustainable and highly desirable Floor Covering solutions, mainly via Architects, Interior Designers and end users clients within the Commercial sector by raising awareness, generating sales and hitting agreed targets whilst working closely with other members of the team both internally and externally.
- Develop, gain buy-in to, and implement an area specific business development plan in order to proactively identify and target agreed growth and development opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers at all levels of the customer hierarchy, in order to provide support and develop awareness of the benefits and uniqueness of our client’s products, services and offers/campaigns, and identify the decision makers.
- Develop and implement plans and actions for identifying or reactivating customers and setting up new accounts
- Identify, monitor, report and record all sales opportunities so that they may be converted into sales, to maintain and improve market share.
- Collaborate with colleagues with integrity on projects which are interconnected across territory lines, support each other and communicate proactively to ensure our client is in the best position to win business.
- Sell and influence the sale of all products and services within pricing guidelines and monitor sales levels to ensure business mix whilst ensuring billings targets are reached or exceeded.
- Identify market and competitor information and feed it back to the business in order to ensure market requirements and competitor developments are incorporated into marketing and NPD plans.
- Understand customer requirements for sustainability in order to spot opportunities for the sale of sustainable products and services and engage customers with their mission zero.
- Complete administration on time so that accurate analysis reports can be prepared for use in measurement of progress and forward planning.
Key Performance indicators
- Budget target (Bonus)
- Number of new /reactivated buying A&D and end users accounts created (and developed)
- Billings and/or market share growth with existing customers
- Average Selling Price
- Product, market standards, Competition and Market knowledge
- Specification selling techniques
- Relevance of the visit planning according to customer classification
- Deliver action plans in time (COP or Business Plan)
- Adherence to commercial sales policy and procedures
- CRM system update monthly measure and quality of monthly activity report
- Customer Loyalty and satisfaction
- Personal development objective (from appraisal)
Scale & Scope of the role
- Projects with long lead times, typically up to 18 months
- Mixed or specific customer base (Contractors, Specifiers, End User, Main Contractors, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors)
- Account base specified by geography or customer type
Relating & Networking
Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; Build wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the Organisation; Relates well to people at all levels; Manages conflict; Uses humor appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
Persuading & Influencing
Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others; Manages conflict; Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
Planning & Organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; Manages time effectively; Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; Sets high standards for quality and quantity; Monitors and maintains quality and productivity; Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
Keeps up-to-date with competitor information and market trends; Identifies business opportunities for the organisation; Demonstrates financial awareness; Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Design Products or B to B industry experience, for example in a specification role
- Experience of project long term selling cycles
- Evidence of success in business development in a target driven field sales role
- Team player
- Full driving license
- Computer literate (to include excel)
- Entrepreneurial profile: High motivation, dynamism and autonomy to develop your own business on the specified territory, with methodology and constant focus.
- A natural networker, at ease with building relationships at all levels, and identifying the decision makers
- A person able to grow the existing customers and conquer new customers