- Consultant Hayley Reynolds
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Civil Engineering / Drainage / Landscape
- Benefits 25 DAYS HOLIDAY, COMPANY CAR, LAPTOP, MOBILE PHONE
- Vacancy id 4642
- Salary Details NEGOTIABLE (D.O.E) + EXCELLENT REWARDS PACKAGE
Are you a driven sales professional with experience in promoting construction products to Builders Merchants, Specialist Distributors and Contractors?
If so, we are working with a leading manufacturer of Building Drainage Solutions who is seeking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to join their team with responsibility for promoting their products in the Southern region.
To promote our Client’s high-quality, market-leading range of Commercial Building Drainage Solutions, gaining product usage and exceeding budgeted profit and sales targets.
The primary focus of the role will be maintaining and improving relationships with existing distributors along with developing relationships with new distributors and following through with a large number of opportunities through project tracking where our Client’s products can be specified by working closely with the specification team and maintaining a good up to date knowledge of construction projects in your area.
Specific duties would include:
- Concentrate on the Specifier, Contractor and project stage of the supply chain
- Develop existing relationships and create new ones so that our Client’s business is the customer’s 1st choice for their range of products.
- Understand the specification process
- Raise the Company’s profile within its existing key stockist base, setting up business plans and sharing project information.
- Look for new stockist opportunities.
- Deliver training presentations to stockists, product presentations to Contractors and CPD presentations to Consultants/Architects.
- Be able to negotiate prices within agreed parameters to give the company the best margin opportunities.
- Dealing with customers day to day requirements.
- A knowledge of reading site drawings would be helpful.
- Promote and sell new product ranges.
- Hit agreed on targets.
- Where necessary, assist with New Product Development areas.
- Identifying key installing contractors, setting up trading terms and building long-term business objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to manage your own area, and introduce tailored customer business plans to drive sales forward.
- Proven experience in project tracking
- Track record of Commercial Sales in the Construction Industry.
- A clean driver’s licence is essential.
- Competent IT skills are required, will need to know how to use MS Office & Outlook.
- Good communication skills with a friendly approach are needed.
- The ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Sound commercial acumen and an ability to communicate with colleagues and customers to assist the closing of sales opportunities.
- A high degree of professionalism and a good understanding of contractor and merchant relationships is required, with the ability to communicate at each of these levels where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise work according to demand and work alongside colleagues internally and externally to deliver customer service excellence.
TERRITORY SOUTHERN UK (Covering regions listed below)
Oxfordshire, Northern Home Counties, West London, South West London, Berkshire, Surrey and Hampshire