Consultant Neil Cook
Type Full time
Product Sector Building Products
Vacancy id 3737
Salary Details Negotiable + Bonus
Our market leading client is a renowned global business with a 200 year history in the production and supply of high quality traditional building materials and currently operates from over 200 facilities spread strategically throughout 30 countries. The UK is an established market for it and is served by range of production and distribution facilities throughout the country.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, Builders Merchants, you will be responsible for managing existing and developing new strategic relationships and the business growth of the business and its ranges of Facing Bricks and Landscaping Products through National and Independent Builder’s Merchants throughout the given sales territory.
The Area Sales Manager, Builders Merchants should possess a wide knowledge of the National and Independent Merchant sectors and be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of general merchanting. The development of end-user relationships with Regional Developers and Local Contractors is an essential part of the role to enable the development of direct to site sales for strategic partners. Candidates must therefore have the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels across these sectors.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Work closely with Line Manager on the strategic development of the business within your area.
- The delivery of annual budgets set against your area of operation along with the strategic aims of the company.
- Development of knowledge across the company’s operating systems – Business Intelligence and CRM.
- Management of projects and quotations on the CRM System.
- The annual development and implementation of a Business Plans to deliver the strategic aims and ambitions of the company and your individual budget.
- Develop cross-selling opportunities for all UK products.
- Work closely with the Key Accounts Sales Team in the delivery of key projects from specification to project completion.
- Work closely/in co-operation with colleagues and management across all divisions to develop brands and product sales and deliver the company’s growth ambitions.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Able to demonstrate good industry knowledge and understanding of the route to market.
- Previous construction material sales and Builder’s Merchant account management experience.
- Ability to work as a pro-active team player with a positive attitude.
- Presentation skills – confident and comfortable presenting to external partners and customers on projects and products.
- Networking and relationship building ability.
- Active self-starter with focus on achieving results through drive, passion and working through and with others.