We are retained by a leading Building Products Specialist who, due to expansion are seeking to recruit a professional AREA SALES EXECUTIVE to join their team.
Reporting to: Branch Director/ Regional Director
Customer Service and Performance
- To maintain effective communication, development and engagement at Branch Level
- To demonstrate a good working knowledge of market conditions and trends
- To achieve planned sales and contributions by developing trading with target accounts, both new and existing
- To achieve and maintain agreed plans for sales and contributions by servicing existing accounts
- To develop sales by opening new trading accounts (within the credit control procedures), by use of pricing competitively for work, making use of trade leads and project tracking information.
- To achieve planned sales and contributions by servicing national accounts within defined area, utilising existing trading arrangements to ensure maximum return
- To develop sales by promoting new products to appropriate client base
- To develop sales by cross-selling a range of relevant products, to new and existing accounts
- To plan sales activities effectively, making the most use of project tracking and leads and journey planning
- To maintain personal prices lists, ensuring possession of full and current set
- Maintain and develop excellent product knowledge of relevant products
- Completion of weekly sales reports/ KPI’s for Line Manager
- To issue price quotations in response to enquiries, and to price tender documents in accordance with current policies.
- To offer credit facilities to prospective customers, observing the credit control procedures.
- To take heed of credit control disciplines in the course of all transactions, with particular regard to credit limits and to accounts on suspension.
- Ensure you are familiar with health and safety rules and regulations, and that your responsibilities as an employee, in respect of health and safety, are carried out in full
- Any other duty reasonably requested by management.
- This list is not exhaustive, and may be subject to local variation
Customer focused, good communication and negotiation, results driven, team player, detail conscious, personable, business focused, resilient, autonomous,
Sales experience, industry knowledge and experience, numerate, literate, IT knowledge (MS office), full UK driving licence,
Salary NEGOTIABLE + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Benefits COMPANY CAR, LAPTOP, MOBILE PHONE ETC