- Consultant Luke Chaplin
- Type Full time
- Product Sector Building Envelope / Build Systems
- Benefits Excellent Benefit Package
- Vacancy id 4352
- Salary Details Circa £40k Basic
Our Client is one of the UK’s foremost Façade and Architectural metalwork specialist sub-contractors. The company has during its 53 years trading accumulated a wealth of technical knowledge and expertise as materials, systems, standards, and regulations have progressed. Our Client’s design processes have fully embraced the digital age with their aluminium factory being fed digital step files to operate machinery. Our Client’s Architectural Metalwork operates on a smaller stage turning over circa £5m per annum, resulting in them becoming one of the 1st choice sub-contractors in the London marketplace.
Preferable experience in Architectural Metalwork (Advantageous) Minimum 5 years experience in, Steel fabrication, Secondary Steelwork, Feature Stairs, Staircase handrail/balustrades. Cat Ladders, Platforms, Glass Balustrades, Etc.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Have a good level of experience using Autodesk, Navisworks, Inventor & Vault
- Interpret and understand the client’s design brief and provide detailed arrangement drawings for review
- Liaise with clients when required to ensure design brief is understood and issues resolved in a time-efficient manner
- Produce accurately detailed fabrication drawings to allow the fabrication of a structurally sound bespoke product manufactured from the correctly specified materials.
- Liaise with fabricators when required during the manufacturing stage to ensure that the designs are accurately realized.
- Aiding the manufacturing and site installation team to fully understand the fabrication drawings and answer queries as they arise.
- Feedback alterations to the designs that may have a cost or programmed implication to the Design Team Manager to ensure any variations are noted and dealt with accordingly.
- Managing drawing issues to all parties including uploading manufacturing drawings to multiuser platforms.
- Liaising with structural engineers
- Competent and comfortable attending live sites to perform surveys
- Understand manufacturing technologies, processes techniques and installation procedures.
- Adhere to in-house systems and standard drawing office procedures for design processes and project manufacturing.