We are retained by a leading independent Timber & Builders Merchant who has branches through the Greater London area, and have an established customer base includes National House Builders, general contractors’ local developers and public sector organisations who due to continued success in the UK market place are seeking to recruit a professional INTERNAL SALES PERSON in NORTH LONDON.
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Working within the team you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining named ‘key’ accounts and the development of new business sector in order to achieve the long term growth and profitability. You will successfully convert customer enquiries into profitable sales and contact new leads and lost/lapsed customers following marketing campaigns and using information provided by Business Manager, Sales, Commercial and Marketing to generate business. The role will also require time some time assisting on the trade counter.
- Co-ordinate internal sales activities
- Processing sales orders via incoming calls, fax and e mail.
- Proactively contact business to promote products and services
- Dealing with customer queries and enquiries
- Liaising with customers over the phone and face to face
- Sourcing non-standard products and negotiating prices
- Provide support to the external sales team, raising quotes & orders etc, to provide support when they are out on the field
- Assist in all areas of the branch operation including assisting on the trade desk
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Office based sales experience
- Relevant product knowledge and previous experience in Timber or Builders Merchant would be an advantage.
- Problem solving ability relating to customer service
- Self motivated with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- A team player with a flexible approach at all times
- Effective communication skills
- Customer focused with sound commercial skills.
- Good IT skills & PC literate.
- Methodical and excellent telephone manner
Location/Area NORTH LONDON
Salary Negotiable basic dependent upon experience + excellent results driven rewards